Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Ask FS! 12/19

Salutations loyal readers, and welcome to another editoin of the advice column that is breaking the internet in half, "Ask FS!" I have to say, in light of Bettman Hates Hockey being the internet home of the grassroots sunglasses/Brodeur campaign, readership is at an all time high! FOUR people came by yesterday to see what is happening! I'd like to ask the dozens and dozens of readers out there to spread the word about this lovely little corner of the internet we've created together!

Today's question came via email from Victor! Victor ponders
Let's say you could get only one more autograph for the rest of your life. Which one would you get: Dale Hunter, Olaf Kolzig, or Alexander Ovechkin, and why?
Great question Victor! For me, that's the easiest question ever, I already have autographs of all three! I've got autographed hockey cards from all three, and I have an autographed authentic Alexander Ovechkin jersey! But if I was forced to give up the others and only hold on to one, it would the autograph of Mr. Capital himself, Dale Hunter. Dale represents everything a hockey player should be to me. He had offensive skill (1,000 points) and was aggressive, chippy, stood up for his teammates, and wasn't afraid to get his nose bloody (3,000 PIMs). In my opinion, the only player in my lifetime to be such a complete well rounded player is Mark Messier. Unlike Messier though, Dale Hunter was an angel off the ice, supporting the community, and helping bring media attention to a sport in a town where it was desperately needed.

That wraps up another edition of "Ask FS!" If you've got a question that you'd like to see answered in this fine publication, just drop me a line in the comments, or send me an email. LET'S GO CAPS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great answer, FS. And aren't you happy to see you've gained another reader?