Friday, June 08, 2007

What to look for this summer . . .

Well, the season is officially over, the Ducks have won the Cup, and it's time to look forward to next season. That said, I can't possible come up with enough material to keep up a blog without treading over what the other wonderful Caps bloggers are doing. So what am I doing? Packing it up for the summer? Becoming an NBA fan? Getting myself to a nunnery? Of course not! FS is not the type of blogger to just bury his head in the sand. So instead of just writing about the Caps the next few months, I'm going to expand my blog to cover more news and actions from around the entire NHL. Don't worry though, I'm not going to spend all my time covering the same boring news items that all the other blogs do, I shall be focusing my attention on the following teams: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Florida, Nashville, New Jersey, New York Islanders, Phoenix, St. Louis, and Washington.

So how did I come up with these teams? They are all in the bottom 10 in the league for attendance. As the summer unfolds, I will try to update the site with a piece of news from each of these teams every other week or so. Will this blog still be Caps-centric? Yes. But I will also be looking at these other teams and talking about how their offseasons are unfolding, and talking about what these teams need to do to try to put more fanny in the rafters.

In addition, I'll be doing an indepth look at each time some time during the offseason, and talking about what each time needs to do in order to increase the attendance, and as Bettman would put it, increase the footprint of each team on their local market. Ooh, I sound like a marketing snob with that last statement . . .

No comments: